Birthday PartiesWELCOME TO THE 'PAWTY' ZONE!
Have your next Birthday 'Pawty' at the Central Alberta Humane Society! Not only will you have a fantastic time, the proceeds from the party go right back to help the animals of CAHumane. Now that’s a reason to party!
Our 'Pawty' package is so much fun! Enjoy crafts and animal visits and playtime in a private, colorfully decorated birthday room.
Party schedules can book up very quickly, so please call or e-mail well in advance of your child's birthday to avoid disappointment.
For more information about our parties or to book, please contact, Mel Mahoney, Humane Educator:
403-342-7722 ext.206 or [email protected].
"We had our daughter’s 8th birthday at Central Alberta Humane Society. Best birthday to date! The set up which included nicely decorated room and take down was all included in the cost. The kids enjoyed a great art project along with special guests (a ferret and 2 puppies) and finished up with a visit to all 3 cat rooms. The party was lots of fun and kept the kids engaged and entertained. Mel was a great host and the party cost helps out with facility costs as well. Win Win!"
Melanie Campbell, March 2019
Booking a Party
The full non-refundable payment of $175 is required at the time of booking your party. We can accommodate up to 15 children and five adults. If you are requesting a party for grown ups please contact Mel directly for more information about space.
Our parties run on Saturday & Sunday. Weekday evenings can be arranged with sufficient notice. All parties must be booked a minimum of 7 days in advance. Party times fill up quickly; Please book early to avoid disappointment!
10:00AM - 12:00PM
1:00PM - 3:00PM
Sorry! No birthday bookings available between July 1st - Aug 30th (To Accommodate Summer Camps)
Birthday 'Pawty' - A Two Hour Birthday Bash!
$175 for up to 15 children*
*Up to a maximum of 15 children & 5 adults
Our birthday parties are designed for children ages 4-13* but we welcome all ages and can cater our event to suit both children and adults alike.
*Children 4 and under must be accompanied by a parent.
What to Expect
Two hours of Animal Themed Birthday Fun!!
Welcome to the BIRTHDAY ZONE! Your birthday experience will be filled with age-appropriate crafts and exciting animal experiences. Your birthday host will introduce you to special animal guests as part of our animal presentations and share some information about the shelter. All this takes place in our brightly decorated birthday room, where you have lots of time to yourselves to enjoy cake, presents & games after the host has finished their introductions!
- 15 mins: Coloring sheets upon guest arrival - some extra time for those last minute guests
- 30 mins: Your choice of craft (canvas painting, birdhouse painting or cat toys)
- 30 mins: Animal guests and visit to the Cat rooms!
- 40 mins: Cake and presents - some extra time to enjoy your guests and gifts!
What You Provide
- Extra Decorations (the room is already brightly decorated with recyclable paper decorations)
- Loot bags
- Paper goods - paper plates, cups etc.
- The food (including the cake)
- Clean up
Note: We allow helium filled balloons however we feel that there are better alternatives that do not pose a danger to wildlife and the environment and therefor recommend you consider alternatives.
What We Provide
- A qualified birthday host
- Decorated chair for the birthday child
- Decorated gift table for food and presents
- Your choice of craft (examples: birdhouse painting, canvas painting or cat toys)
- Animal special guests, and visit to the cat rooms
- A sink, counter space, and refrigerator
- A spatula, knife for cutting cake, and lighter
- All the set-up and clean up